I have been overjoyed to witness hundreds of healing miracles each year as Christians everywhere embrace the ministry that Jesus promised would accompany “those who believe.” (See Mark 16:17-18.) It has been a tremendous blessing to provide healing ministry training for tens of thousands of Christians around the world as God is making His power more and more common throughout the Church.
Since 2011, I have been in more than 20 meetings — roughly half in the United States — in which every single person who came requesting physical healing testified that they were healed. (This is not counting the many small group meetings I’ve been in where only a few sick or injured people were present). The beauty of these experiences, though, is that I usually only prayed for one or two people. The rest of the miracles happened through the hands of the people of the church as they put into practice what they had learned.
God Wants to Use Everyone to Minister Healing
In my study of Scripture, I have seen that while Jesus did not heal every sick person He saw, He most definitely healed every single sick person who came to Him, who called out to Him, who was brought to Him, who touched the hem of His garment, or who had someone else come to Him on their behalf. There were no exceptions, and we know that Jesus came to reveal the will and nature of the Father. Over and over, we find the word “all:”
- Matthew 4:24 — News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them.
- Matthew 8:16 — When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.
- Matthew 9:35 — Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.
- Matthew 12:15 — Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. Many followed him, and he healed all their sick
- Matthew 14:35-36 — And when the men of that place recognized Jesus, they sent word to all the surrounding country. People brought all their sick to him and begged him to let the sick just touch the edge of his cloak, and all who touched him were healed.
- Mark 6:56 — And wherever he went — into villages, towns or countryside — they placed the sick in the marketplaces. They begged him to let them touch even the edge of his cloak, and all who touched him were healed.
- Luke 4:40 — When the sun was setting, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them.
- Luke 6:18b-19 — …Those troubled by evil spirits were cured, and the people all tried to touch him, because power was coming from him and healing them all.
- Acts 10:38— …God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and…he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
One realization that has powerfully influenced this ministry is this: Everyone who touched Jesus’ body in faith was healed, and now WE are His Body. I am convinced that when we, as the Body of Christ, begin to collectively carry the ministry of healing, we will see greater results than ever before. In all the meetings where we witnessed 100% results, the miracles happened as the Body of Christ ministered together, rather than only one or two people laying hands on the sick.
What Does a Healing Ministry Training Look Like?
Each meeting is unique based on the congregation where I’m teaching. Some are already convinced of some concepts in healing ministry, while others need a more thorough examination of Scripture to lay a healthy foundation. I also work within the time constraints of the meeting and remain faithful to the required ending times, so training can be done as quickly as 15 or 20 minutes, or it can be expanded into an entire weekend seminar with multiple hours of nuanced, in-depth, and practical sessions. Whenever possible, I like to allow for at least an hour of Q&A, sometimes two.
One of the most successful models we’ve seen involves:
- Friday night healing meeting (which covers the basics of healing ministry, along with a Gospel presentation for those who might not know the Lord)
- Saturday morning workshop (which generally covers 3 hours and includes more in-depth training, plus Q&A)
- Sometimes this is followed up with a Saturday night and/or Sunday meeting where I expand on the topic of healing ministry by discussing the believer’s identity in Christ.
Again, I can fill as much or as little time as requested.
Whatever the training looks like, it always includes practical application, allowing everyone the opportunity to immediately practice what they’ve learned. This is where we have seen the miracles happen at every meeting.
If you’d like to watch one of my Healing Ministry Training sessions in its entirety, check out the video “Healing is Simple.”
And if you’d like to have me out to train your church, please fill out the invitation form.